Noroton Presbyterian Nursery School
Our philosophy is based on the theories and principles of constructivism, social constructivism, and the highly regarded Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Childhood Education.
We believe that children are born with a natural curiosity about the world, and that cultivating this curiosity through careful listening and support is the key to successful lifelong learning.
New staff members join a team of dedicated, highly qualified educators and passionate children and families.
- Bachelor's degree or matriculating in a Bachelor’s degree program in Early Childhood Education or a related field
- A minimum of three years experience working with children ranging in age from 2 years to 5 years of age in a school with a comparable program
The ideal candidate will
- demonstrate a passion for Early Childhood Education
- possess a strong knowledge of and passion for the Reggio Emilia Approach
- possess a strong knowledge of Project Based Learning
- have experience in documentation of student learning
- create a rich learning environment
- interact with the children to support play, exploration, and learning
- possess excellent communication skills
- develop learning plans
- use assessment tools
- collaborate with colleagues
- demonstrate responsibility, flexibility, punctuality and posses a sense of humor
- be proficient in MAC based platforms
- participate actively in professional development
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org